News Center Press Releases
The Other Latest News…
Event Review: Delta’s Innovative Automation Solutions Bolster the Performance of Advanced Manufacturing at SPS/IPC/Drives Italia 2017
Delta showcased its complete portfolio of next-generation industrial automation (IA) products and solutions at SPS IPC Drives Italia (Parma) 2017 from 5/23 ~ 5/25. Delta’s IA products and solutions are designed to augment the productivity of manufacturing and industrial processes in a broad spectrum of applications. These include the new
Compact Modular Mid-range PLC AS Series, featuring a slim and modular design with max. 1,024 I/O and a remarkable program capacity of 128K steps for multi-axis control to support advance automation machinery. The new ASDA-A3 servo system, also boasts a high performance motor with 6,000rpm and a vibration suppression function to enhance the operation integrity of advanced machines.
Mr. Luca Cavagnari, Delta’s Industrial Automation Sales Manager for the Italian market said, “Our product and solution portfolio showcased at SPS Parma 2017 clearly reflects our commitment to the Italian market as we bring a broader range of technologies capable of enhancing the operational and energy efficiency of manufacturing and industrial applications and processes across the board.”
Delta’s newly-launched IA products for high-end machines were highlighted:
• Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC): The new PLC AS Series offers exceptionally powerful 32-bit SoC (System on Chip) CPUs to perform up to 40k steps/ms in advanced automation machinery. The AS series has a compact, rack-less modular design that allows for flexible and cost-effective expansion as it manages up to 32 extension modules or a maximum of 1,024 I/O points. The AS series can control a max. 8 axes via CANopen motion protocol and up to 6 axes through 200-kHz pulse control. EtherNet/IP and other communication protocols are also available.
• AC Servo Systems & Motion Control: Delta’s newly-launched ASDA-A3 servo system offers superior operating integrity for high-precision applications with its vibration suppression function and system diagnostics capabilities. Its high-caliber motor performs at speeds as high as 6,000rpm and with a maximum of 350% peak torque. The ASDA-A3 servo system is able to control 3rd party permanent magnet synchronous motors with EnDat 2.2 and Bisc-C encoders. Delta’s linear stages and a series of planetary gearboxes were also showcased during the exhibition.
Highly competitive solutions displayed at Delta’s stand this year included:
• Conveyor Tracking Glue Dispensing Robot Workstation: The workstation adopts Delta’s SCARA Robot DRS60L Series, which features an arm length of 600mm and excellent speed, repeatability, linearity and verticality. The DRS60L, matched with Delta’s robot control solution, demonstrated excellent performance when simulating the conveyor tracking glue dispensing process at the exhibition grounds and it attracted the attention of many visitors. Delta has already applied its SCARA robot solutions for conveyor tracking glue dispensing processes in its Wujiang Plant in China, which effectively reduces issues such as human error, inconsistent glue dispensing amounts, and position deviation.
• PC-based Motion Control Solutions: Our offering includes a comprehensive ecosystem for the control of up to 64 axes through the integration of Delta’s new PC-based Host Motion Controller MH1 series, the Standard EtherCAT Motion Control Card PCI-L221 series, the high-performance compact drive MH300 series and the AC Servo Drive ASDA-A2-E series. With the PCI-L221 motion control card, the MH1 Series can achieve up to 100 units of EtherCAT modules and 64 servo axes of motion control between 1 ms ~ 0.125ms cycle time. The system enables a whole set of motion control commands such as absolute, relative, jog movements, and linear, circular and helical interpolation. Delta provides one-stop purchasing with its complete product lines and fully integrated systems for your motion control solutions.
• CNC Control Solutions: Delta unveiled two different CNC Control Solutions architectures at SPS Parma 2017:
- PC-based CNC Solution: The system was designed for hardware integration allowing for Delta’s PC-based Host Motion Controller MH1 series, AC Motor Drive ASDA-A2-E and the High-Performance Compact Drive MH300 series to be integrated to meet high precision requirements. The controller enables managing 6 axes and up to 4 interpolated axes via EtherCAT which makes it a preferred choice for applications such as thermal cutting and glass cutting.
- Open CNC Solution: This option allows for the management of 4 axes with 4 interpolated axes through the integration of Delta’s own Open CNC Controller NC30E series, the AC Servo Drive ASDA-A2-F series and Spindle Motor Drive ASDA-S-N series. In addition, a permanent magnet spindle or 3rd party induction motors can also operate under Delta’s Open CNC Solution.
• Horizontal Flow Wrapping Solution: This solution is capable of facilitating the control of as many as 32 axes in horizontal flow wrapping machines through the embedded EtherNet/IP and EtherCAT protocols. This solution showcases Delta’s growing capabilities in system integration as it combines the newly-launched HMI DOP-100 series, the hot swappable Motion Controller AH10EMC series, Remote I/O modules R1-EX series, the AC Servo Drive ASDA-A2-E series and the High-Performance Compact Drive MH300 series. Customers can benefit further by utilizing the valuable and quick global data access and storage enabled by Delta’s DIACloud Cloud Management Platform.
• Industrial Internet & Cloud Solution: DIACloud is a powerful and highly effective platform to enable secure and remote access to field data from PLCs and HMIs anywhere on the planet. Our own Industrial IoT (IIoT) routers, the Industrial Ethernet Cloud Router DX-2300LN-WW series and the Industrial 3G Cloud Router DX-2100RW-WW series, are the backbone of Delta’s cloud service with data widely available through a series of channels, including the DIACloud app (iOS, Android).
Hundreds of customers visited Delta’s stand during the exhibition and learned about its advanced industrial automation products and solutions. With their positive feedback and encouragement, Delta continues to provide more innovative, highly efficient industrial automation products and solutions, and we look forward to meeting out global customers again at this year’s SPS/IPC/Drives Nuremberg at the end of November, 2017.
Delta presents its newly-launched and highly competitive industrial automation products and solutions during SPS/IPC/Drives Italia 2017
Delta’s stand was one of the most popular and attracted many visitors during SPS/IPC/Drives Italia 2017
Delta Industrial Automation EMEA team at SPS/IPC/Drives Italia 2017
© 2018 Delta Electronics, Inc. All Rights Reserved.